Monday, August 21, 2006

Dirt Moving Update

It has been a while since I spoke about the DeWitt Crossing project. As you may remember, DeWitt Crossing is a 33-acre commercial development located in Waynesboro, Virginia. I am in the process of creating 20 commercial lots for resale.

Right now, we are involved in filling 10 acres of low-lying property on the eastern side of the project. This portion of the project is huge. We are moving 38,000 cubic yards of dirt from down the road to the property and compacting it. To give you an idea of how big this is, it will take about 4,000 dump truck loads to move the dirt.

Every day or so, I head over there and watch the trucks move. For a former Tonka kid, this is great.

While all of this is going on, I have been in the process of getting the construction plans for the other side of the road approved. We are in the final stages of getting this done. The big lesson is how much longer this takes than what I expected. However, it will happen eventually.

In the coming weeks, I should be able to go public about what is going on out there. Although everyone seems to think it will be an Olive Garden. That is pure speculation. I would love to have an Olive Garden there, but I don't think the market meets their requirements.

No comments: