Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Approval for DeWitt Crossing Project

I appologize for taking so long to post. I have been pretty busy and am just now catching up.

Last night, the Waynesboro City Council approved my request for rezoning on the DeWitt Crossing Project.

I am now working on getting Adin Circle, from the Silver Ridge Development accepted into the state road system. This is unlike anything I have ever done before. There are way too many details. Of course, I won't go into how I got screwed over by a guy who was supposed to pay for this work. I will leave that until after all the dust settles.

Back to blog stuff:

I have found that using Microsoft Project is really helpful in these large projects. Just being able to map out the dependent tasks is worth the price tag. I have built a pretty hefty plan and timetable for the DeWitt Crossing development. Of course, you can take it too far, but having a plan and measuring it make life alot easier. For instance, when will you need financing? Or when will you be able to sell a lot? All these answers come from the time table.

I promise to keep the updates coming more frequently.

No comments: