Monday, April 12, 2010

Zeus Update: April 12, 2010

Right now the theater construction is finally moving along. We are about half way through the footer stage, and expect the outside walls to be up by mid-May. I am still shooting for an October 1, 2010 opening night. Much of that will require the contractors to work 6 days a week, but I keep telling them to make hay while the sun shines.

The process thus far has been smooth. That isn't to say that there haven't been surprises, though. Whenever you deal with dirt, there are always surprises. Sometimes you hit rock. Sometimes you hit mush. The only way to be sure is to core drill the entire site, but that gets pretty expensive too. I figure at some point, I am going to buy a core drill machine and just drill holes in my spare time.

The weather has finally turned nice. Once we get through the next two weeks, the weather won't affect us too much.

No comments: