Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Finding Purpose in What You Do

Getting purpose out of your job is pretty important. If you do it, then you enjoy your job and life. Failure to find a purpose leaves you feeling empty and hollow.

Purpose is different for each person. For me, my purpose or true joy is in service to the clients. I know it sounds corny and lame, but it works. When I make a client feel valued and served, it gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Likewise, anything that diminishes that relationship drives me nuts. Ask Rick!

Serving the customer can also be in how we communicate, what systems we use, how things look or even what the price points are. I hate those companies that put you on hold for 20 minutes and continually tell you that they value your call. If they really valued my call, they would put enough people there to answer it.

Find a purpose and keep coming back to it for strength. Once you get it, it will work like a life jacket in your life. When everything else is crap, your purpose will lift you up.

(I feel like Dr. Phil!)

No comments: