Monday, August 15, 2005

Sorting Online Business Ideas

I like lists. Lists help me organize complex data. After I work to create a nice, neat list, I feel fulfilled and complete. Call it my comfort food.

Here is my list of major network based businesses:

1. Content--write content and sell advertising or sell the content directly.
2. Data--gather data and sell access to it or gather data, give away access and sell advertising on the traffic.
3. Computation--Write a nice program that computes information for people who are willing to pay for it. A nice example is click fraud tracking.
4. Matching--match buyers and sellers. This is a well known model such as Ebay, Monster and Match.com. Link exchange servers are a great example.
5. E-Commerse--See stuff online. Nuff said!
6. Services delivered online--Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a good example. Essentially, you are charging for an hourly service, but delivering it online.

Of the major online marketing opportunities, these are the...well... major ones. In a totally different list is the mobile network list and the 5th wave stuff. Everything I am talking about today has been around since 1996. The main difference is that before people were trying to build a business to go public, whereas I am trying to build a business to make friggin money.

Now that I have happily submitted another post, I will go drink my shiraz as a reward.

G'night ya'll.

No comments: